How it all began...

First of all welcome to my photography blog.




I LOVE taking and capturing beautiful photos and have been asked over and over again if I have a website.  My answer has always been no.  Until now...


My photography business is hardly a business and more of a hobby.  I work full time in the utility industry and that pays the mortgage.  I only take on a handful of photo shoots a month for two reasons; 1-my time is limited and precious to me and 2-because I don't want to get burnt out on taking beautiful pictures.


Before I begin sharing some of my photo shoots, I want to share a little bit about how this journey all began.




I've loved taking pictures ever since I was a little kid and in high school decided to take a photography class.  Back then we used real film and developed our own pictures.  The digital age hadn't taken over quite yet.  Yes I'm old, you don't need to do the math!  lol


Fast forward a decade and I find myself working at a preschool. I'm now in my late 20's, I still love photography at this point and I own a decent camera.  The director of the preschool calls me in a little bit of a panic.  The photographer her family had hired to take their family pictures had cancelled on them the day of the scheduled photo shoot.  She asked me if I would step in.  I said yes and the rest is history as they say.




It has been about 15 years since the day I stepped in as an amateur photographer for my director.  Since then I've taken 1000's and 1000's of pictures.
Some beautiful, amazing shots and some not so beautiful shots.
I have learned so much and still have so much to learn.




I've gone through several cameras and in the process I've learned what I like and dislike about them.
I've gone from Canon to Nikon to Sony back to Canon.  So I guess, I'm a Canon kind of girl.  :)




My favorite photo shoots are Family Photo Shoots.
I have a lot of repeat clients whose family portraits I've taken for many years.  It's the best compliment to my skill when they call me year after year to capture their beautiful growing faces.
I've been taking a lot of Senior photos lately and love those too.
I don't do weddings and don't foresee myself doing them anytime soon.  My weekends are just too precious to me and a wedding is (hopefully) a once in a lifetime experience for the bride and groom and I don't want the pressure of capturing every single moment of that event and then possibly failing at it!  It's not like we can reschedule it!  lol


I've done a few maternity and newborn photo shoots as well. 
Engagement photo shoots are super fun too.




I don't have an official name for my photography hobby.... I call it Beautiful Blessings Photography when I'm asked.  So that is what the BB stands for in the title of this blog.  Maybe some day I'll make it official.




I'm located in the San Francisco, California East Bay area.
If you're interested in scheduling a photo shoot and hearing about my prices and what they include please email me at delilahathome@sbcglobal.net




I hope you enjoy these photo shoots as much as I enjoy taking them!




~Delilah







Comments

Popular posts from this blog